It’s been a while since I put out a three hit Thursday….did you miss it? Sorry I’ve been working on some new stuff – check it out here!
This is the post where I bring up three things that have been beneficial to me lately. Sometimes it’s articles, podcasts, products or even a quote that stuck with me and helped me stay motivated to increase my income. Since it helped me I hope it does the same for you!
1. Podcast I’m addicted to: The GaryVee Audio Experience
Gary Vee has been on my radar for a while with his daily vlogs and posts, but his new podcast has been awesome! I love the short and quick episodes that are packed with value. If you are looking to change the industry you are in or add in any sort of online experience to your business, you need to listen to Gary. His keynotes are my favorite. I haven’t seen someone that can do a question and answering section quite like him. Subscribe if you want to stay motivated in changing your world.
WARNING! If you are not a fan of four letter words, I caution you to not listen to this podcast and read his posts instead
2. The product that starts my day: Bullet Proof Coffee
I know I’m a little late to the party on this one, but I decided to give bulletproof coffee a real chance in my life. Before I started, my mornings were crazy. I felt like I couldn’t focus. I would be bouncing from task to task without finishing anything. I still bounce from task to task, but my focus has improved 10 fold since adding this to my routine! I actually finish projects!
Here is what I do:
- Grab a cup of coffee. I use Blue Jazz Java from my boy Kevin here in Topeka. Rim Shot is my favorite (Probably because I love the shout out to us drummers in the name). I add in a little splenda, because I’m a wuss and I need a little sweetness in my life.
- I poor a cap full of Brain Octain oil from Bulletproof.com. This is the secret sauce. When bulletproof coffee first came out, it was suggested to use coconut oil, and that’s what this is, but they concentrated it down to just the important stuff and a little bit goes a long way! You can read more up on the science behind it, I won’t bore you with the details. . .it just works!
- The last ingredient is Ghee and this is the part that I wasn’t too sure on, but this is what keeps me from having to eat and snack all morning. I use Ghee instead of butter because I can keep it at my desk instead of a fridge (yes, I’m lazy).
- I throw it all together in a tumbler and shake it up
- WARNING: The first shake creates some sort of gas and will splatter all over your shirt – just speaking from experience. Probably why they say to blend it.
It’s a little different adding fat to your morning routine, but it has worked like crazy for me, so give it a try!
3. Blog that I’ve been loving: Rockstar Finance
J Money from Rockstar finance has really created something unique here. In a massive sea of money advice out there, this site will help narrow it down for you on a daily basis on what to read and weed out what not to. J Money was extremely kind to add Success Pirate to his list!
If you are into any sort of financial reading and keeping up with making your financial life more efficient, or looking for new ways to increase your income I would subscribe to his daily directory! You won’t be disappointed.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s version of Three Hit Thursday!
Steal, plunder and increase today!